Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Last of Poland: Day 4


January 29th, Sunday, was our last day in Warsaw.
If you haven't read about the other days, you can find day three here and click on that post for earlier posts.


We had the whole day time before having to catch our planes in the evening. To use the whole day effectively we got up early and walked to the Palace of Culture and Science.
On top of the Palace is a viewing level with a great view all over the city.
The weather was still very very cold. Just like all other days. So, we could only check one side of the level at a time before having a total freeze. Must have looked funny how we ran around the level, going in to the warm and back out again. During the summer the viewing level is surely be a much cozier place to spend a moment or two. There is also a cafe with tables outside.


This very much describes Warsaw. Next to a refurbished lovely house you can find the total opposite.


After spending the morning outside we quickly got back to the hotel. After a grocery store trip where Ingar decided to buy like 30 muesli bars as 'they were sooo cheap, at least 20 times cheaper than in Norway'
Investing, saving, yeah.

The evening before I had reserved myself a massage from the gym&spa we had been using all weekend. Priced pretty much the same as in Finland. I'm sure I could have found something for half the price but I didn't have the energy to research. My back was (and again is) screaming for help and I also felt like a massage would be the perfect 'cherry on top' finalization to the relaxing weekend. And it was. By no question.

Massage, jacuzzi, sauna, and off to the airport.

Never have I had such an amazing massage. I was in a world of my own somewhere in the middle of sleeping and dreaming awake. My sixty minutes high. Sixty minutes of heaven.
Wish I'd taken pictures of the spa area. It was already a relaxing experience to walk in with dreamy instrumental music on the background, change into a soft bathrobe, sip water in the relaxation lounge as I waited for my turn, and finally walk into the massage room which was lit with candles and had the same music playing in the background.
I think I reached some kind of ultimate point of relaxation. Yes, that's how good it was.

But I have to say that now after sleeping in my hard bed again for one and a half weeks my back is back to ache. Stretching. Yes, I'll do that cheaper method of massage now before falling into an other ultimate point of relaxation - sleep.

Good night, sleep tight,
Linda
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment