Tuesday, February 28, 2012

And I'm home again


(new training clothes. ;-) and oh my how much to unpack...)

Finland.

After traveling for 18hours I finally got back home. To my family. To my own bed.
Sunny +16°C London changed into -7°C Varkaus. For some reason the minus degrees don't feel bad. I am finding myself wearing the same amount of clothes as in London. Hmm.

I got lucky at the airport. Me and my luggage, 120kg in total, were struggling of overweight.
A little cry at the bag drop helped and no extra fees had to be paid. Thank you lovely lady at the Norwegian Airlines desk.
I guess she saw my stress, frustration and tiredness and just felt it was better to let me go. Having already sent two bags away from London earlier, I was nearly loosing hope of how to get my stuff back to Finland.

Usually the Norwegian flights I've been on have had WiFi. This time no. My 'work on board' -plan changed into catching up with some sleep. Already slept for an hour on the airport benches, and continued with three more on the plane. Oh, I must have looked like a bum occupying a whole line of seats at the airport. Dead tired, dead tired.

Reached Finland. Got my luggage.
Longboard sticking out and made a new hole in the bag. Still haven't checked if the board is ok. Fingers crossed. Which reminds me - one of my missions for tomorrow is to find a big enough bag to fit my boards into it. Suggestions?
Other bag, suitcase actually, was smashed from one corner. What on earth have they been upto? Playing 'catch' with my bags or what?

Know the feeling when you arrive to a country and suffer from a total brain freeze? What country, what language, what what what? My moment exactly when ordering a chicken baguette from the airport cafe. Mumble, mumble.

Finally getting a bus to Varkaus at 1.20am and then a cab to take me to my home door.
6.30am and not tired at all.

After finally getting some sleep, I started my day with eating mummy's ahhh so perfect cooked salmon and veggies. Followed by all kinds of arrangements at banks. Visiting grandma's food table. Napping with granny and my cousin on my grandparents soft motorbeds. Solarium, body balance and gym.
Why solarium? Need to get my skin ready for the +30°C the weather forecast is promising. I'm off for a research trip to somewhere warm. If I say rum and cigars - what's your guess? ;-)

Gotta get this blogging rhythm on again.
I have so much to tell about the past, present and future.
Leaving London might have made me shred a tear or two but I am happy.
Life and Linda are co-operating, things are great and cool, grool.

<3
Linda
xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment