Monday, July 16, 2012

Way up North: Ørnes


Ørnes: More North than I've ever been


This weekend was spent up, up North of Norway in Ørnes. A 2 hour drive from Bodø, where we flew to.
Keywords of the trip were:
- nature: snow coated mountains
- fishing
- hiking
- eating
- sleeping

...and a longboarding trip, too. Though there should have been more of that. ;-)
Well, at least now I have a good (golf)bag in which to carry my board/s when traveling. Can't wait to hit the hills in my hometown and cottage area in a couple of weeks!

Will have to divide the posts a bit, so you won't drown in the amount of pictures I have waiting for you!


11PM view from car on the way from Bodø to Ørnes: 24h of sunlight. perfection.

 

i thought i had come back to fresh, clean air as i got back home to eastern finland from london five months ago. i was wrong.
when stepping out of the car in ørnes i realized i hadn't breathed fresh air since... visiting my grandparents cottage up north of finland when i was what - 5years old?

it felt, smelt and tasted so good. fuel from the nature.

and how about that clear sea water?!? if only it were 15°C warmer, though..

 

whose up for going on a northern mountain push with me?! i want to hit those silent, empty, good roads again. one go was not enough.
when you get a little bit of sweet you'll want more.



As usual, I got carried away with all the photographing.
But how could one not in an environment like this.

Smiles,
Linda

3 comments: