Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mipe and Me


Hola world!

Days at work go by sooo fast when you have a bunch of fun stuff to do and are excited about getting to spend the evening in good company. Today was one of those days.


Going out to eat isn't exactly my nr 1 hobby here in Oslo as we are talking about a country that is not the cheapest kind. So, I'm not the best person to ask about restaurant recommendations. You can ask my new friend, Yelp Norway, though! Entertaining and helpful reviews for anything and nearly everything.

Mira and I had decided to head off to Løkka, as it's a nice place to hang out and there are a lot of restaurants and cafes around.
Passing the longboard shop King Of The Hill we saw Terry working and went to exchange hugs. Terry told us we ought to go to a restaurant with the best food ever, Cafe Sara. Terry should deserve a free meal for his praise. I don't think he could have been any more convincing than he was. We pretty much just had to go see what this amazing place was all about.

Cafe Sara. First of all, our waiter, Mr. Mexican - could I pleaase have your thick, dark, perfect and healthy hair? Mira and I were barely able to eat our meals as we were drooling for his hair whip.
Food. We ate a delicious grilled chicken and potato meal. The best food ever? It definitely was good but I must say it was lacking one ingredients: mushrooms. They were promised on the menu but my meal had 3 slices and Mira's had none. We want our mushrooms! ;-)
Definitely a restaurant worth a visit, though! We really enjoyed the atmosphere in the back garden.

The price quality ratio is very good for being Oslo. We paid about 150,- NOK for our meals per person I think. That comes to about 20€ - actually a little less. We just talked that nowadays even in Finland you have to be prepared to pay that amount at even the most basic chain restaurant.
Maybe my 'Oslo is sick expensive' -mentality isn't always as correct as I feel it to be.

Well HELLO!

After eating our meals that first looked small but after eating were more than enough, we headed back to Løkka for a walk and to search for a nice cafe to have a sweet bite in.
Had heard great stuff about the Nighthawk Diner and I guess other people had too, as it was paaacked.


So yeah, we ended up walking to a Deli De Luca on Karl Johan and grabbing some sweet bites there.
Sweet bites indeed, as it felt tough to try and even finish half of that monster chocolate dream.
It tasted good, to a certain extent. But eating that reminded me of how I actually don't even enjoy it and felt like the organic coconut ice-cream I had at home would have been a sooo much better alternative.

Why eat something with so much energy that actually you are having a lack of energy in the morning when your mind wants to take you to the gym but your body feels like vomiting last night out?
Sounds like a hungover, right!


Organic, superfood or not - I had a super time with a super girl.
Unfortunately this was our 'bye bye' -date and I don't know when I will be seeing her next time.
Anyhow. Till next time!

xoxo
Linda

ps. I'm going to Kongsberg Jazz festival tomorrow and have asked friends to contribute to my travel playlist with new and old exciting music suggestions. Please, help me with yours! Though being a jazz festival, my traveling ears welcome all genres!

2 comments: