Thursday, May 10, 2012

Oslo football experience


The 1st of May is a public holiday in Norway just like in Finland.
Labor day.

The day itself isn't that special in Norway, neither is the day/night before.

Unlike in Finland people go more or less mental and have the craziest parties ever.
It's a fun time, I must say. A couple years back we spent May 1st (in Finnish we call the day Vappu) in Helsinki with friends from school and some of our friends who had been at our Uni as exchange students. That was the funnest Vappu ever. Dressed up silly and wearing our student overalls (in Uni we get overalls in different colors depending on what you study and then we collect all kinds of badges and stuff on them), jumping rope outside of a bar, having a picnic in Kaivari, watching a naked man ride his bike, staying at the Omenahotel and getting to know a bunch of random people. Ohmy.

This year was different.
I was taken to a football match. The weather was amazing, t-shirt based, and the atmosphere at Bislett stadium was...well, these Norwegians love their football! It was fun, no matter how I like to complain (joke) about the boringness of the sport - unless you yourself are on the field. I like to play, not to watch.


Vålerenga - Lyn

My first attendance at a Norwegian football match. I doubt it was my last as I'm surrounded by football fanatics, also known as 'football idiots'. ;-)

xxoo
Linda

ps. maybe something about the match itself? ;-) Lyn plays a lower league and therefore Vålerenga was supposed to be waaay better. Anyway, Vålerenga won 2-1 but Lyn totally dominated the game. And apparently the Vålerenga and Lyn fans are huge enemies.
Lyn also got bankrupt some years back and something something...I was told so much information that please excuse me if all the 'facts' above are wrong. That could totally happen. :-D

3 comments: