Saturday, June 16, 2012

FIN LAND, yes it is.

Finland weekend, 

Kicked off with breakfast, that turned into a lunch, with Hilla. Was supposed to go check out the Bassline festival but due to poor weather and a headache I decided to go sleep the pain away and get ready for the evening. Sleeping didn't quite work and I had to turn to Mr. Painkiller. This is something I rarely rarely do. No idea when last. Well, at least it helped.

Then it was time for paartaay. Lotta's birthday. Pictures of that might follow...lets see if I get ahold of any.


Sunday Brunch at Primula. A bit tired folk.


Sunday picnic with tired folk. Ah, where is that summer weather. I miss the nights when you could just walk around in shorts and a top at 3am.


Sunday continued with a Finnish movie. Translation is ´Soon 18 `.
I had no idea what I was going to see. I was in for a drama/comedy.
The movie was nothing like that.
It was serious, touching and simply very very good.
...also very realistic.
5 guys, nearly 18 years old, problems of their own, problems of their family.
The roughness of growing up in today´s Finland from 5 different perspectives.

After the movie we headed off to the final event of Bassline - Söndag Jazz.


Monday was friend day. I bumped into so many old faces, as well as enjoyed a chatty moment with Saara on the stairs of Tuomiokirkko and sipped tea with dear friends from school and exchange.


And Monday morning 4am it was time to wake up and head of to the airport in order to catch the 7.15 flight and go straight to work at 9. ;-) Yes, this picture is taken at 4am. You gotta love the Finnish summer, right!

The weekend was: <3.

I think I know which country calls me next after Norway. Lets just see when this time comes. :-)


with <3
Linda

ps. Fin stands for good/nice and land obviously stands for land. The Swedes really got that one right. Fin-land!

5 comments: